Provide a useful tool for developers and devops to understand and validate their Java command line options.
Gather statistics on usage and errors made with VM switches and feed back to VM developers.
- Checks switches are available in your JDK version
- Warns when switches are marked for deprecation
- Warns about duplicate switches
- Checks values are in permitted range
- Checks if you are using debug VM switches with a non-debug JVM
- Checks you have "unlocked" experimental and diagnostic switches
- Suggests misspelled switches
- Add support for GraalVM, OpenJ9, Zing VMs
- Rules engine for switch values / combinations
- Suggested switches based on a requested application profile (e.g. latency/throughput, startup/peak performance)